Monday, 18th May – Wednesday, 27th May 2020
Note for students:
1. It is very important for all of our third year students to know that your teachers will inform you, via google classrooms, the areas for you to revise for these exams. Each of your teachers will advise you what you need to study for the assessments so please relax, be confident in yourself, you have worked so well, so hard this year.
2. Remember for many subjects, you have already completed a huge % in each subject, already.
3. Your teachers will be working with you throughout this month and guiding you.
4. Most subjects have either finished the course-work or are nearly finished.
5. Revision, with lots of breaks, study, really important.
6. You are a great year group, who have worked so hard, so please bear this in mind. These open book exams, are an opportunity for you to show what you can do and what you know!
7. Once all exams are completed, teachers will correct your work, and complete school reports. These reports will then go live on vsware.
8. Once the first assessment is completed, you will get into the flow very easily, and your nerves that you feel, will ease.
9. Each exam will be put up on google classroom by each of your teachers. Students will have twenty-four hours to complete the exam, and send it to your teacher.
10. Students will have one or two exams per day, but remember, you have twenty-four hours to complete the exam. We are setting a two hour time slot as a guide for you to follow but remember, you have twenty-four hours to submit it to your teacher.
11. Finally, I know you still have some questions, but remember your teachers will advise you on each of their subjects. It is now a bank holiday weekend, so chill out for some of this!
3rd Year Assessment Dates and Structure of Marks
Please note that Third Year assessment will be graded based on two sets of grading systems:
Subjects awarded descriptors in line with New Junior Cycle are:
3. Visual Art
These descriptors are below, shown in red;
90% to 100% Distinction
75% to 89% Higher Merit
55% to 74% Merit
40% to 54% Achieved
20% to 39% Partially Achieved
0 to 19% % Not Graded
All other subjects will be graded in the traditional grading system, as they follow the old Junior Cycle:
4. Religious education
5. Home Economics
6. Technical Graphics
7. Materials Technology Wood
This grading is shown in red (see below)
A 85% - 100%
B 70% - 84%
C 55% - 69%
D 40% - 54%
E 25% - 39%
F 10% - 24%
N.G 0 – 9%
Mr. Carey Deputy Principal
If you wish to download a copy of the assessment guidelines, timetable of exams and structure of marks please click here.
If you wish to download a copy of the timetable along with the structure of marks please click here.